Senior Engineer and Tech enthusiast. I've worked in fast growing startups and contributed with building applications and services that have scaled and serviced to millions of Indians.
I have have built multiple microservices with top industry standards and led teams to successfully delivered projects.
I own things I build. Lead team and provide mentorship to everyone while also learning from everyone.
Contributes everywhere I go with innovation in engineering, data science and AI.
GroMo | Senior Software Engineer | March 2023 - Present
- Autoinwarding with Permute: Automatically inward insurance policies with Permute API.
- GroMoGPT: Lead engineer and owner of the GroMo GPT project.
Designed architecture, project plan and code base of GroMo GPT, and internal LLM model fine-tuned on company data.
- Data Engineering Pipeline with CDC: MySQL to BigQuery and Redshift ETL pipelines.
- EKS migration of services: Dockerized and migrated services to Kubernetes to save cost.
- Worked on GroMo One: New step in GroMo app that recommends financial products to end customers and customers to GPs.
- Designed and implemented Reconciliation project: Automatically scraps insurance policies, parses them and creates leads for reconciliation.
- Led and owned Guardians of GroMo panel: Company internal panel with maker-checker and bulk processing features. Used to handle money related tasks like scratch cards, wallet reversals and create leads in bulk. Owner of project with all new features.
- Designed and implemented multiple micro-services in a multi-tenant and scalable approach. Worked with around 30 micro-services.
- Identity Management System: Multi-tenant user management system with hierarchy and access controls features.
- Customer Management Service: Central user store service to store data about all end customers that interact with GroMo products
- OTP Service: Central service to generate, send and verify OTPs.
- Reminder Service (Job Scheduler to replace cron jobs): GroMo's task scheduler service. Enables other microservices to schedule reminders based on flexible calendar parameters like linear or exponential periodicity.
Also support scalable features such as retry mechanism and idempotency
- Task-Scheduler: GroMo's in-house distributed Task Scheduler. Used in projects to execute tasks with consistence and retry mechanism.
Written in TypeScript and open-sourced as a npm package: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@gromo-fintech/task-scheduler
- MyGrid.in: Insurance portal for insurers: https://mygrid.in
- Part of senior team managing and leading junior engineers (SDE1s) and interns. Direct reportee to CTO.
- Awarded star performer 3 times
- Founder of the use of AI in company. Did multiple tech talks on the use of AI to increase productivity.
Wizni, Inc | Software Developer | February 2022 - March 2023
- Research and Development. Responsible for building and testing new ideas.
- Converted existing applications from legacy code to nest.js
- Designed and implemented a cloud native micro-services architecture for existing monolithic applications
- Implemented caching in core APIs
- Implemented scalable SMS conversations feature for all users
- Optimized code-base
- Implemented many core features for ARIVE platform
- Managed and designed company wide analytical reporting with Tableau
- Built Data Connectors for analytics
NowFloats Technologies | Data Engineer and Backend Developer | February 2021 - February 2022
- Worked as a back-end developer and a data engineer
- Built intelligent deep learning systems that send recommendations to improve customer's online business.
- Enabled a new dimension of reporting by building the ETL pipelines
- Built recommendation engines for marketplaces to boost company's sales
- Scaled our email delivery system by 10x
- Developed multiple solutions including:
- ETL solutions
- Deep learning AI to predict website traffic
- Scaling solutions to optimize internal services
- Developed web architectures, APIs, and services
- Awarded Star Performer of Q3-2021
HCL Technologies | July 2019 - February 2021
- Developed and led 4 Interactive Dashboards for automated reporting of ticketing data across multiple domains which led to major positive impact on SLA and customer satisfaction
- Personal innovations led to saving $317,580 for the company
- Actively reduced manual effort and improved efficiency with value ideas
- Worked as SAP ERP contractor designing and monitoring solutions
- Handled world clients from USA, UK, Japan and Canada
Startup - Hode Technologies Pvt Ltd | April 2018 - July 2019
- App development: Developed two industry ready android apps which helped tourists hire boat rides in the ghats of Varanasi
- Cloud Development: Designed and implemented optimized code to reduce server costs and attain clear communication between apps, services and database
Internship - Centre For Railway Information Systems | April 2018 - July 2018
- Implemented the core authentication of Track Management Systems for government officials
- Designed parts of website's user interface
Skills & Competencies
- System design, Project planning, Leader / mentor
- Fullstack Web Development
- REST API Development: Node.js / Typescript (Express, koa.js, nest.js), Python (Flask), Micro-services
- Cloud: Azure, GCP, AWS, Linode, Server-less
- AI: TensorFlow, HuggingFace, LangChain, Transformers, LLMs, GPTs, GCP, Azure ML
- App Development: Tauri framework, React Native and Android SDK
- Data: ETL, MongoDB, Azure SQL, ADF, Postgresql, MySQL
- Docker, Kubernetes, and containerization
- Google skills: Ability to find answers via Google, chatGPT and Bard
- Linux: proficient in linux terminal and devops skills to deploy and manage web apps
Programming languages and frameworks
- Python: Flask, TensorFlow, HuggingFace, Keras, OpenCV, Pandas, etc
- C# .NET
- Bitcoin Script
- A QnA platform based around bitcoin rewards via the Lightning Network
- Soldirac rewards people with bitcoin for solving problems. Bitcoin is used a bounty on problem submitted by users
- Anyone can ask a question without paying
- Used by 1000s of people across the web
- Mentioned in multiple crypto outlets
Bitcoin tipping bot for discord
- A discord bot to tip other discord users with small amounts of bitcoin
- used by 100s of people
- lightning fast bitcoin transactions
- Open-sourced here: https://github.com/ParmuSingh/bitcoin-tip-bot-discord
Moderator of r/india community
- arranged and manged official AMA with Free Software Community of India
Co-founder of aminotes.com
- co-founded https://aminotes.com that provides study material to thousands of college students for free.
Self Driving Car on a simulated environment
- A Deep learning model and environment for autonomous driving using only screen pixels as input
- Demo available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0EtcnwfhTk
ROG Config Panel
- A GUI app for Linux users to configure their Asus laptops
- built using latest tauri framework
- rust backend leading to efficient builds
B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering - Amity University, Noida | July 2015 - June 2019
- Completed the degree with a CGPA of 7.02
- Top 3 in multiple competitions related to competitive programming
- Core member of the music society and an active guitarist
CBSE Class 12th - Kendriya Vidyalaya, Greater Noida | 2015 pass out
- Core subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Completed with 82.6%
- Phone: (+91) 8800-465-231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Git: https://github.com/ParmuSingh
- Website: https://blog.parmu.town
- Address: C-305, Rail Vihar Apartments, Sector Alpha-1, Greater Noida, UP, 201308